Friday 19 July 2013

Gelish Nails

So before I headed off to Portugal, I got my nails done in the fabulous Tropical Popical, South William Street, Dublin. As I'm sure you know, you can work wonders with nails these days, from animal print, to disney characters; virtually anything! 

I opted for the new craze, which is taking the nail world by storm, Gelish.

Gelish is a new soak off nail varnish, which lasts for three weeks and promises no chipping or peeling. 

Feeling summery, I opted for this fabulous peachy colour. 



I hate to say it, but I was disappointed with the results. While I understand that it was an active holiday, plenty of swimming...and drinking...I was still promised 3 weeks. I got about a week and a half before my right index started to peal.

I tried not to peal or pick at them as I was warned not to, however by week two, I couldn't help myself as more started to chip and peal.

I find that when you're in the sun, your nails start to grow much faster as well, which makes it look as though you havn't pushed back your cuticles. 

I think in future I'll be opting for trusty shellac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts? ☺