Thursday 17 January 2013

Lyrath Estate, Kilkenny

Thanks to my wonderful Daddy, myself and my mam headed off on Tuesday to Lyrath Estate Hotel and Spa in Co.Kilkenny. I cannot stress enough how beautiful it is! 

We arrived around 6.30 (after getting a little lost on the way), where we were greeted by the friendliest staff, and a room that literally becomes home the second you put the key in the door.



We showered and got ready for dinner in their signature Oriental restaurant Yindees. After a feast of chicken satay and duck in hoi-sin with egg noodles, we headed to the bar for a night-cap.

The next morning we got up early and had breakfast in the hotel (could've been better, if you ask me. However, it is the only thing I can fault) before heading into Kilkenny City itself. As a city I had never been to before, I was well impressed. From Kilkenny Castle to the quirky coffee shops, to the award winning restaurants and the lively nightlife! 

It's fair to say; I'm hooked! We booked into this little Italian restaurant Rinuccini , where I had paté to start and a bowl of homemade egg pasta with smoked chicken in a cream and basil sauce.


But the main event was today's spa treatments! I had never been to a spa before so didn't quite know what to expect. Our treatments were booked for half 11, so at 10 we went down to avail of their hydro therapy suite


A steam room, a sauna, a waterfall shower, and (above) a 37 degree pool with an open end wall looking out over the entire gardens. 


I opted for a full body Sweedish massage, then a mini facial. It was amazing, seriously amazing! I couldn't recommend it highly enough. They have great mid-week offers well worth taking a look at. 

Anyone else been to any nice spas around the country? I'm already on the hunt for my next spa break.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds awesome! Wish I could enjoy a little spa now too! Am following you now <3


    Rachael
    http://wayycher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was I'd recommend it to everyone :) Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? ☺