Saturday 21 December 2013

Afternoon Tea

Apologies for the delay in this post, but I was staying out with a friend of mine in Greystones for the past couple of days, and my wifi signal was crap out there.

I've had a jam packed couple of days, but I'll fill you all in.

On Thursday, I met my mum in town, on Grafton Street. It was lovely to see her, as I don't go home (to Tipperary) much. As a surprise, she had booked afternoon tea in The Westbury Hotel. This was the most fancy-pants experience of my life. It's the type of place where they cut all the crusts off their sandwiches, and have every type of tea imaginable on the menu. I opted for a trusty mocha, and it was delish.



The food, to be fair, was incredible. To start, we got a selection of sandwiches; crab and smoked salmon, Limerick ham, turkey, cranberry and stuffing, and egg mayonaise. Although they don't sound the most exciting, no words can do them justice, they were amazing.

After this, we got a selection of the most delicate and delicious desserts.


After a couple of hours relaxing in the hotel, we went our separate ways, and did a bit of Christmas shopping. I got some money in advance for Christmas so, surprise, surprise, headed straight for Topshop. I bought myself two jumpers, which I'll include in a post over the next few days.

We then reconvened in Dandelion, for a few coctails, before heading home.

Has anyone else been to afternoon tea? It's an experience! But I'd definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts? ☺